CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION CHARTER
1. THE HOTEL D’ALBION S.A COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
The Hôtel d’Albion S.A has set up a customer privacy protection policy. This Charter formalizes our commitments to you and describes how Hôtel d’Albion S.A. uses your personal data.
“Personal data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This Personal Data Protection Charter forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
3. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Charter applies:
- To all data processing implemented in our hotel.
- To our website, www.ellington-nice.com
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates
- Your preferences and interests (for example, preferred floor, type of bedding,…)
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent (particularly via the Internet). If such data is sent, you can contact the hotel management : email@example.com
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
5. WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Hotel activities:
- Booking a room
- Checking-in and paying
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar during a stay
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
- Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Signing up for loyalty programs
- Participation in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey)
- Online games or competitions
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
- Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
- Internet activities:
- Connection to www.ellington-nice.com
6. FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
- Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your use of services (, bar, room service, etc)
- Managing access to rooms
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
- Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you
- Informing you of special offers and any new services created by Hôtel d’Albion S.A
- Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Providing details for the customer database
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviors
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers, or offers
- Managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys
- Improving Hôtel d’Albion S.A. services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
7. CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order to provide you with the best services the Hôtel d’Albion S.A may share your personal data with external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- Hotel staff
- Reservation staff using reservation tools
- IT departments
- Commercial partners and marketing services
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
- Generally, any appropriate person within Hôtel d’Albion S.A
- With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example: External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers.
- Commercial partners: Hôtel d’Albion S.A may, unless you specify otherwise, enhance your profile by sharing certain personal information with its preferred commercial partners.
- Local authorities: We may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
8. DATA SECURITY
Hôtel d’Albion S.A. takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
9. STORAGE OF DATA
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
9. ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by Hôtel d’Albion S.A. and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
Hôtel Ellington Nice Centre****
25 Boulevard Dubouchage
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, along with your request.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy department as indicated above.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may modify this Charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly.